It’s never too late to start thinking of your continuing education. Perhaps you were not serious about your career when you were younger and skipped college. Perhaps you had to raise a family young and school was not an option. Perhaps you had financial responsibilities at a young age and had to drop out of school. Regardless of the reason you can still go back to school. But is it worth it? That’s a personal decision you’re going to have to make on your own, but here are some reasons why adults should consider going back to school.
- Realize a dream. Did you make a promise to your parents that you would complete your education? Did your college life end on bad terms? It could be extremely rewarding if you went back and completed your degree.
- If you’re going back to school for a work related reason like upgrading your skills, your tuition and school books could be a tax deduction.
- Self esteem. If your friends or colleagues are college graduates perhaps you feel inadequate around them. This degree could give a big boost to your self esteem.
- Networking. Going back to school is a great chance at networking. You’re going to meet fellow students who could be interns and could introduce you to the right people.
- Invest in your future. How certain are you about your job security? If you’re ever laid off you now have a more impressive resume.