Job interviews are stressful for everyone. But they’re a necessary evil and must be done. The job interview is your one big chance at making a good impression and walking away with the job. Your way of life depends on it. Here are some tips to help you cope with the stress of a job interview.
- Relax while driving. Use your commute to meditate, listen to music and breathe.
- Get there early. Since you’re going to somewhere near you could get stuck in traffic or could get lost, so plan to arrive early.
- Go to sleep. You might have trouble sleeping the night before your interview. So get a good sleeping pattern established a week before your interview. The easiest way to sleep is to get yourself tired that day so that by the end of the day all you want to do is sleep.
- Don’t forget to eat. You never know how long you’ll be in there waiting for your turn or how long your interview will last.
- Do it in the morning. When possible, schedule your interview for the morning. The later in the day your interview is the more time you’ll spend stressing out about it.
- Be prepared. Watch some youtube videos on common job interview questions. Be prepared to answer questions on your skills, your education and your future goals.